Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pomp & Circumstance


Cue the Pomp & Circumstance, my vagina and I are graduating!  How do I go about getting fitted for a cap and gown?

This is my very last physical therapy session.  Dawn is sitting in a chair quietly humming Pomp & Circumstance.  As my PT comes in the room, she is also humming my graduation song.   Actually she is humming something totally different than Pomp and Circumstance but it’s the thought that counts. 

I will admit; I’m a little nervous to be turned loose on the world with a healed vagina, but I think I’ll be just fine. Just a couple of days before this last session I went ahead and scheduled my first gynecological exam in about 8 years.   March 16th is the day of reckoning - the day this whole thing is tested.  If I make it out of there alive, all is good. 

Now it’s all about maintenance.  Every 2 or 3 days I will use the largest dilator that we went up to in order to make sure my muscles haven’t regressed.  Once I have my exam I can probably go down to once a week or so just to keep the muscles used to it.  Use them or lose them as my PT says.  

What’s next?  Starting probably in September we will start trying to have a baby (yay!).   Until then, I will be doing what I can to get involved in helping women get help for vaginismus or other pelvic floor pain issues.  

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations and good luck on the road to mommyhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! So very excited and I hope it works out for us!

      Delete